My brother took me to this Malaysian restaurant along Algonquin Rd. He used to travel in Asia and he said it’s one of the best he had. I have not had Malaysian food and I like trying different cuisine so I was enthusiastic when he took me today for lunch. The name, Penang Malaysian Cuisine. We were their first customer today. I like the ambiance inside, the décor is contemporary with different art pieces from Asia. It feels cozy and comfortable. The food? Awesome! We ordered pandan chicken for appetizer, bah kut teh (beef ribs, tofu, and fish ball with Malaysian spiced broth), yam pot (sea food combination stir fry in a taro bowl), nasi goreng (spicy fried rice) and Malaysian iced tea. The service is good except that they forgot to bring us the fried rice and because of that the chef who is also the owner gave us free desserts. My brother had banana pancake and I had coconut ice with jelly, red beans and corn. Both desserts? Fantastic! It is nice going to a restaurant whose chef is the one running the kitchen and actually cooking your food because they prepare your food with great passion. Price is a little bit more but it’s all worth it. Before we leave we went to the kitchen and personally thank the chef for the free desserts and great food. Selamat Detang!
http://www.penangusa.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment